Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Talk about growing pains...

Preparation for this pageant has had its fair share of "growing pains," however, I'm still managing to persevere with 40 days left!!

Thank you to (so many) people that have shown their generosity and compassion in this particular cause.  If I've taken anything away from this pageant, it is the fact that I can be a more giving person to others.  My spirit has been uplifted by the words of encouragement and the number of people just interested in what I'm doing with my life.  I am so touched by everyone's kindness, I am truly blessed.

I know that despite my lack of experience in pageants, I know that my life experiences have prepared me for what is to come.  I have HUGE faith that something big will come out of this and I can only imagine the doors of opportunity this may lead to. 

"Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."
James 1:4
It has been difficult to achieve and maintain balance with a fullwork schedule, a part-time work schedule, workout routine, home life and personal life.  When I'm tired or stressed, it's VERY easy to slip into negative thoughts, "I'm not good enough," "You don't know what you're getting yourself into," "You're not ready..."
It is a good feeling to feel loved and cherished by coworkers, family and friends that are proud of you for doing your very best! (or simply for being YOURSELF).  I feel like a winner before having competed because of the strong confidence this gives me. 

 Lesson #3:  Don't wait until the finish line or the end product to celebrate.

xoxo,
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment