A typical day of meals:
breakfast:
7:00am - Muscle Milk
8:00am - Fage yogurt
10:45am - 2 hard boiled eggs (without yoke)
(I'll have a powerbar or Cliff bar if I work out in between)
2:00pm - salad with chicken
4:00pm - a little snack before workout
dinner- meat dish with vegetables
My energy levels have been sustained, I'm having less soda/caffeine cravings and I can stay alert longer. A HUGE impact on my days at the office. With 47 days until the pageant, I need to be a little more stringent- less dairy & less sweets. I've been paying attention to my cravings and I above all crave sugar! We won't even go near the topic of ice cream.
Kristen's nutrition secret:
Beef Jerky- it's like eating a steak without the knife and fork!High in protein, check! Low in calories, check! Tasty, check! (but a tad expensive, I'll splurge if I've been good) I definitely love this diet, but I wouldn't call it that because I get to eat all the portions of food I want. It's more of a "lifestyle change," which is essential to anybody's weight loss.
This way I have to THINK about what I'm eating. If you're working out, you may have to make some modifications so you're not depriving yourself the calories you need to burn. I've added yogurt, fruit and bars for that reason.
xoxo,
Kristen
No comments:
Post a Comment